Saturday, September 3, 2011

" 'Cause I Got a Peaceful Easy Feeling"-The Eagles

Monday:  August 22, 2011

Hello to all of my family and friends!  Thank you all for taking time out of your busy lives to read my blog.   My tentative plan is to update this blog twice a week.  Hopefully I can stick to this plan.  I hope that I will have many exciting and funny stories to share with you all to brighten your days.  I apologize in advance if my writing does not always flow.


Before I begin, I would like to thank each and every one of you for your continual support.  Honestly, I would not be heading out on this exciting adventure without the support from my family and friends.

Although I do not leave for Spain until September 5th, I decided I needed to start my blog now to create a space for all of my Spanish thoughts.  Don't worry...I will blog in English (mostly :) ).

So today I am leaving St. Norbert.  The next time I see this place, it will be buried under 3 feet of snow.  I have really grown to love this place; it has truly become a second home for me.  I stayed at SNC over the summer and had the amazing opportunity to work with ESL and international students from many different countries.  This was an especially rewarding experience for me because I will be in the same place as the students I worked with over the summer.  I will be thrown into an entirely different culture where the language is not my own.
...............................................................

Well....I meant to finish this pre-Spain post much earlier since I have been home for 2 weeks.  Since I have two baby siblings, this has been more difficult than I imagined.  I have countless stories I can share to prove this.

I will be leaving in 3 days to Spain and I feel as cool as a cucumber.  I am surprisingly very calm and excited about the trip.  Actually, there is one little thing that I have been worrying about and that is that I absolutely hate seafood.  I wish I didn't, but I do.  Since seafood is a staple food in Spain, I'm not sure how I will get around this.  Hopefully, my host family is understanding.  I have also been taking a break from researching Spanish movies, songs, artists, wars, and dog parks near my home for a bit because I want this to be my own fresh adventure.  I want to get lost and find my way around the city (which shouldn't be very difficult for me considering I still get lost in my hometown).  I am so thankful to have the opportunity to take this adventure and create so many new memories.  I love you all and will miss you dearly.

España here I come!



5 comments:

lori beans said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lori beans said...

well done, alyssa! what a great first post :) i will definitely be checking in on this. you're doing a fabulous job already! we are so proud of you and can't wait to hear about your many adventures in spain! we love you!!!

lori, dan, cedar, merritt, hub & frannie

alyssa wolan said...

Thank you! I love you all too and can't wait to see everyone at Christmas! I hope you are one day able to visit Spain. I think you might love it! Anyways, you have to go to get use out of your camera. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Lyssie -

I loved reading yiur blog. It sounds like you are having the time of your life. I miss you!

Uncle Danny

alyssa wolan said...

Uncle Danny, sorry that I just saw your comment. Yes, it is wonderful here..I wish you could join me :) I miss you too, and I can't wait to see you for the best Christmas ever!