Tuesday, October 1, 2013

But Where are the Cows?

Robin's First Bocadillo (baguette sandwich)

Such a beautiful sunset on the airplane!

     Today our teacher took us to another city where we could apply for our NIE card (residence card).  We passed many small villages that looked like they were straight out of an Ireland postcard with a little Spanish flair thrown in.  Experiencing the beauty of these quaint towns made me long to leave the city and get in touch with my rural side.  Where we live is not a huge city by any means.  A little over 30,000 people live here in Vilagarcía.  It is a very convenient place to live with many supermarkets and stores within walking distance.

     However, I think something snapped in me after flying over the ocean.  All of a sudden I crave open green pastures and little farmhouses.  I will bring my camera next time to take a picture of one of these cute villages.  I think Robin and I have switched personalities here.  Now he is pumped to live in a bigger city for the first time in his life, and I am wanting to live amongst the cows and goats on the farm.  We shall see where the wind takes us when we return to the states.  For now, we plan on exploring each and every one of these unique agricultural Spanish/Celtic gems.

Also, we met two whole Americans today.  This makes for a total of FOUR Americans including the two Mormon missionaries we made friends with on Robin's birthday.

A Word from Robin: Everything is Great Here ;)

Here's a few pictures of our town, Vilagarcía de Arousa:







 Mussels = Plentiful!

Hasta Luego!
Alyssa and Robin




No comments: